SCOTTISH STYLE

Friday, September 3, 2010

The Joys of the Help Desk

This week has been crazy, productive, hard, overwhelming, funny and weird. It has maybe been one of my best weeks at work even with all these different feelings.

To begin the week at the Help Desk, we like everything to blow up and not know what to do. Well that happened. One of my co-workers quit and is now living back in sunny California. It was a sad day but I feel I am over it when I actually think of everything.

We have to hire new people for Fall semester.. Yikes!! Being a Supervisor, I get thejoy of going through resumes, deciding those who are in my words crap, those who can speak English and those who we want to even make the effort to meet with. Tons of resumes were looked through and we began meeting with people. Some interviews were better than others, some of them just irritated me.

We pretty much had decided who we were going to hire but I just had this gut feeling to interview this guy. I did not know why I has this feeling but I shared it with my boss and he seemed cool with it. So the interview begins... Questions are being answered, discussions going on... some I have no idea how they managed to come up anyway. Overall I thought it was a good interview. Yeah thought.. I walked back into Todd's office to him looking at his computer screen. I decided to sit down, when all of a sudden he turns round and tells me "Why did I waste his time". As you can imagine, I almost died. I had a good feeling about interviewing the guy and thought the interview went well. Shortly after him seeing my face drop and a sick feeling in my stomach. He bursts out laughing. It was a joke. I had to laugh. It was more a laugh of relief. I was not at all impressed but I soon seen the funny side of it. Yes, I don't have the typical boring boss. He likes to make fun of you. Great huh?!?! :)

Although work was a different type of week and very busy. I feel it was productive. I am very tired but looking forward to my 3 day weekend. Happy Labor Day!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment