SCOTTISH STYLE

Saturday, September 4, 2010

I wish I could be clever enough to work in Walmart!!

Don't you just wish you were clever enough to work at Walmart? I do...

Today I went to Walmart and was served by the same woman who served me a few weeks ago. I was quite surprised she remembered who I was, as 2 weeks ago when I spoke to her, she had half a braincell. The whole time she was serving me, I was finding it hard not to laugh from the last experience I had with her. Let me tell you this experience.

Two weeks I go to Walmart to return a few things and buy some essentials. I go to the cash register and have the nicest woman in the world helping me. We are chatting, asking each other how their day had been. You know the usual junk you talk about. I was almost done when, mmm lets call her Betty asks me

"Can I ask you a question?" "Sure" I reply. "I just love the way you talk" As usual, I just smile and say "thanks." Just then I go to turn and she said " You know I have always wanted an accent from the South" As you can imagine, I about died. At first I thought she has to be joking me. NOPE! She was deadly serious. I just smiled, as I didn't want to laugh in her face. I then walked away and could not stop laughing.

Apparently Betty hasn't always wanted an accent from the South, I do not think I sound like that at all, maybe I do.. I think it would be pretty cool. Poor Betty!!

I was hoping Betty would say something else really funny to me today, but she did not. Oh well.. I can still laugh about Betty the first time.

1 comment: