SCOTTISH STYLE

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

To Sweep the Earth as with a Flood - Elder David Bednar

I loved this talk and how it talks about technology in such a positive way. I sometimes feel that we have a love for technology but there is also a negative feeling towards technology and the negative ways that it affects the world today. When I was listening to this talk, all I could think about was how the gospel is expanding dramatically through the use of technology. I thought of General conference and how it is broadcasted around the world in a number of languages. I thought of how the Internet and social media sites are tweeting quotes and “memes” from general conference. All these things are expanding people’s knowledge of the gospel. When listening to this talk my mind started racing and I had a million thoughts of why technology is an amazing dispensation if used correctly. I thought of my uncle telling stories of his mission and how everything was paper work and now my cousin is serving a mission and we are able to email him weekly. Technology has made it more instant. I thought of how we can Skype and see his face on Christmas day. I feel this is truly a blessing to all the families in the world. I loved that Elder Bednar spoke about the specific social media sites and other technologies. I like that he had numbers to show us about the positive aspects of technology. I enjoyed listening to General Authority praise the use of technology and how they are encouraging us to share the gospel through our social media sites. I feel technology is from our generation and it is nice to feel like we are doing it right. I always think about to the use of technology years ago and thought, how couldn’t have lived without my iPhone. Technology is truly a blessing in our lives and how it is helping to share the gospel around the world in a matter of seconds. Technology is a marvelous invention and is hard to comprehend how it is working.

No comments:

Post a Comment